The proceeds will go to financing public arts and heritage restoration works, as well as improvements on tourist services.
Milan, like many other cities in Italy and around the world, introduced a Tourist Tax for tourists and visitors, starting from the 1st of September 2012.
The cost varies from €1.00 to €5.00 per night, depending on the type of hotel.
The amount must be indicated separately on the receipt of payment.
There is a 50% discount on the Tourist Tax for visitors who stay in Milan from the 1st of August to the 31st of August.
- Disabled persons and their assistants
- People under the age of 18
- Family members/Relatives/ or Persons accompanying someone hospitalized in the Province of Milan (the exemption is valid for the entire certified period of hospitalization).
- Members of the State Police and/or its Headquarters, the Carabinier Police, the Army, Air force, Navy or other Armed Forces, who are in the city for service reasons.
- Residents of the city of Milan
- University students aged 26 and under, who are attending an Academy/University of the city of Milan
- Volunteers for the Protezione Civile, or other volunteer groups staying in Milan for disaster reasons or other events recognized by the Municipal Administration.
For those staying in a 4 star Hotel, the tourist tax is € 4.00 per night, per person.